What is a Prayer Shawl?
A warm, soft shawl knitted or crocheted, that is given to a person who is ill, has suffered a loss or is in the midst of a crisis. They can also be given in times of celebration, for example the birth of a child.
Interested in learning how to knit or crochet?
We can teach you!
Don't knit or crotchet?
We would love for you to still be involved!
Ways to be involved:
- Donate yarn (800-1,000 yards or 6 skeins)
- Donate to help purchase yarn and gift bags
- Donate a gift card to Michael's Arts. & Crafts store
- Prayer for those receiving shawls
- Suggest names of people to receive shawls